We Japanese have the beautiful custom of giving visitors a hospitable welcome, which has been observed everywhere and every time in Japan from ancient times. The mind of such hospitality is called Omotenashi in Japanese. With Omotenashi, we would like to welcome every participant gathered from all over the world in ICCE2014!!
The 22nd International Conference on Computers in Education, ICCE 2014, will be held between November 30 (Sunday) and December 4 (Thursday), 2014 in Nara, Japan.
ICCE 2014 will be a meta-conference for researchers in the Asia-Pacific region to connect with international research communities for the worldwide dissemination and sharing of ideas for research in the field of Computers in Education.
The seven theme-based sub-conferences in the five-day conference will foster the building of research communities in the field of Computers in Education. Researchers, graduate students, policy makers and practitioners are welcomed to participate in the Conference to exchange research findings in the frontier areas of Computer in Education.
All the accepted papers in the main conference, workshops and Doctoral Student Consortium will be published in proceedings which will be indexed by Elsevier Bibliographic Databases (e.g., Scopus, Engineering Village and others).
In view of the current state of technology-enhanced learning, we propose the conference theme for ICCE2014 as follows:
” Constructing New Fundamentals of Computers in Education for the Future “
- ICCE2013, Universitas Muhammadiyah, Indonesia
- ICCE2012, Nanyang Technological University/NIE/LSL/LST, Singapore
- ICCE 2011, National Electronics and Computer Technology Center, Thailand
- ICCE 2010, Faculty of Educational Studies, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia
- ICCE 2009, The Hong Kong Institute of Education, Hong Kong
- ICCE 2008, Howard International House Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
- ICCE 2007, JSET/JSiSE, Hiroshima, Japan
- ICCE 2006, Beijing Normal University, China
- ICCE 2005, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- ICCE 2004, RMIT University, Australia
- ICCE 2003, Hong Kong Institute of Education, Hong Kong
- ICCE 2002, Massey University, New Zealand
- ICCE 2001, Incheon National University of Education, Korea
- ICCE 2000, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- ICCE 1999, University of Electro-Communications & Chiba Institute of Technology, Japan
The Asia-Pacific Society for Computers in Education (APSCE) was formed on 1 January 2004. It is an independent academic society whose broad objective is to promote the conduct and communication of scientific research related to all aspects of the use of computers in education, especially within the Asia-Pacific.
APSCE evolved from the Asia-Pacific Chapter (APC) of the Association for the Advancement of Computers in Education (AACE). The APC was established on 1 January 1994, after the third ICCE conference held in Taiwan in 1993.
Click HERE to know APSCE more in detail!
Co-hosts and Foundations
JSiSE (Japanese Society for Information and Systems in Education)
JSET (Japan Society for Educational Technology)
JAEiS (Japanese Association for Education of Information Studies)
KANSAI・OSAKA 21st Century Association
SCAT (Support Center for Advanced Telecommunications Technology Research, Foundation)
TAF (The Telecommunications Advancement Foundation)